Aerosmith, aka the Bad Boys From Boston, are legendary in rock music. The crew that sang ‘Dream On’ and ‘Walk This Way’, and introduced us to a world of colourful scarves, have always remained a staple of rock music (and pretty much the 80s in general).
Ever since I was young, I always wanted to live in an Aerosmith world. I was singing along to ‘Cryin’ before I was even old enough to own a Walkman! But I’m much older now, and to be honest, I still think a Steven Tyler-run world would be pretty amazing.
So here are the 5 reasons why I wish I lived in an Aerosmith music video.
- The 80s/90s were a much simpler time: a time where rock n roll ruled all, and you weren’t connected to everyone at all times via the Internet. And the only fashions worth mentioning were flannel shirts and glam-rock leather and spikes.
- Badass females doing what they want, when they want – Many of Aerosmith’s videos (‘Cryin’ and ‘Crazy’ in particular) feature badass female rock n rollers standing up for themselves, writing their own rules and doing what they want. And that’s really how I’m tryna be.
- Rock and roll all day, every day – Aerosmith completely embody the rock n roll lifestyle, and no, not the drug-fuelled, destructive rock n roll we see fantasised in movies (though let’s face it, there was a lot of that in the Aerosmith camp too), they embody the carefree, unstoppable force that is rock and roll. And personally, that’s the kind of world I would like to live in.
- Liv Tyler and Alicia Silverstone as your homegirls – A world full of badass mega-babes like Liv and Alicia. Now these are the kinds of friendships I’d like to be involved in! Hey, I can find the time to ditch work and cruise around in a black convertible in between my busy Netflix schedule (oh crap! Netflix won’t be invented in 80s/90s Aerosmith world! Oh well, I’ll cope with VHS).
- Steven Tyler narrating my life with his buttery smooth vocals – Steven T’s voice and Joe Perry’s wailing riffs in the background, what more could I possibly ask for? To be honest, I constantly find myself thinking how much better my life would sound/be if Steven T was narrating it!
Seriously, why wouldn’t you want to live in this world?