What could be better than combining our love of all things Star Wars and the musical world? Galactic Empire are the answer to all our woe’s as the quintet made up of Dark Vader on the lead guitar, Shadow Ranger and Red Guard taking on the other guitar duties, Boba Sett on the drums and Bass Commander on the bass.
The band burst onto the scene last year with their version of the main Star Wars theme tune which you can listen to/ watch in all it’s magical glory at the bottom of this post. The band’s interests include cruel dictatorships, the dark side of the force, and imperial domination, so they’re certainly taking their roles seriously. Having earned over $61K on Kickstarter to fund their tour and debut album the band have now signed to Velocity/ Rise Records ahead of their debut album release due in February 2017. The band are touring from 1st February when they roll into London’s O2 Academy Islington (full dates at the bottom of this page).
We had a quick chat with Mr. Dark Vader himself to find out what his top five moment’s from Star Wars are.
5. When I tracked Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon to Cloud City. Somehow I managed to arrive just before he did, and work out an elaborate trap with the owner (who ultimately betrayed his old best friend), all before they ever touched down on the landing pad. Can you do that? I didn’t think so.
4. Turning my back on the Emperor and throwing him into one of those bottomless pits that seem to be all over the place in the galaxy. Seriously, did he not see that coming? Every Sith Lord ultimately betrays their master. I got the idea from him to begin with. And honestly, the dude was really manipulative. He managed to convince me that murdering a bunch of children and ruling over the galaxy with an Iron Fist was going to bring back Padme. Plus, he ended up lying to me and said I killed her. I blame all of this on him.
3. Using the ultimate power of the universe on the planet of Alderaan. We have the best toys in the empire. I just wish the pesky rebels would stop blowing them up. At least we seem to have an unlimited supply of credits, resources, and man power to continue rebuilding these things. Even if the Empire goes bankrupt one day, I’m sure we can keep it going with some copy-cat fans to pick up where we left off. I’ll leave my estate with my grandson since my children seem to be totally against helping at all with the family business.
2. Exacting my revenge upon Obi-Wan Kenobi on the first Death Star. Seriously, he cut off my legs and left me for dead as I burnt to a crisp on a lava beach. Dude deserved it. At least I had good health insurance. This was probably one of my pinnacle moments of my career with the Empire.
1. My ultimate lineal reveal to Luke after our duel on Cloud City. Dropping the daddy bomb on him was (as the Millennial Generation would refer to) “Savage AF”. ”
You can catch the band on tour here:
Wed 1st- London – O2 Academy Islington
Thurs 2nd – Southampton – Joiners
Fri 3rd – Milton Keynes – The Craufurd Arms
Sat 4th – Brighton – Patterns
Sun 5th -Plymouth – The Hub
Mon 6th – Bristol – Fleece
Tues 7th – Cardiff – Globe
Wed 8th – Birmingham – Academy 3
Thurs 9th – Leamington Spa – Zephyr Lounge
Fri 10th – Manchester – Satan’s Hollow
Sat 11th – Edinburgh – Opium
Sun 12th – Glasgow – O2 ABC
Mon 13th – Newcastle – O2 Academy
Tues 14th – Reading – Sub89
Wed 15th – Oxford – O2 Academy
Thurs 16th – Derby – The Venue