Valentines day is almost upon us and you know what that means right? The release of the 50 Shades Of Grey film which is going to make valentines either very awkward or very interesting for cinema goers (depending on who you go with of course).
In case you haven’t been up to date on the movie, here is all the vitals you need to know
The story, based on the novel by E.L James, follows the story of Anastasia Steele who becomes entangled in a love affair with billionaire Christian Grey who likes to be very much in control of his life and his desires. Known for it’s extremely sexual content the book became pretty much porn for women, became a best seller and was the fastest selling paperback of all time in the U.K
The book has also come under fire from members of the BDSM community about it’s depiction and lack of “consent” and others have blasted it for glorifying abusive relationships. The quality of writing of the book itself has also been criticised.
With all this in mind, the film adaptation has become one of the most anticipated of the year and it will be interesting to see what the critics say upon its release.
The film will star Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele and Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey.
Another thing we know about the film is it has one hell of a soundtrack!
With appearances from such artists as Ellie Goulding, Beyonce, The Weeknd, Sia and the works of Danny Elfman, they have really pulled out the big guns. The soundtrack will see its official release on February 10th.
1. I Put A Spell On You (Fifty Shades Of Grey) – Annie Lennox
2. Undiscovered – Laura Welsh
3. Earned It (Fifty Shades Of Grey) – The Weeknd
4. Meet Me In The Middle – Jessie Ware
5. Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
6. Haunted (Michael Diamond Remix) – Beyoncé
7. Salted Wound – Sia
8. Beast Of Burden – The Rolling Stones
9. I’m On Fire – AWOLNATION
10. Crazy In Love (2014 Remix) – Beyoncé
11. Witchcraft – Frank Sinatra
12. One Last Night – Vaults
13. Where You Belong – The Weeknd
14. I Know You – Skylar Grey
15. Ana And Christian – Danny Elfman
16. Did That Hurt? – Danny Elfman
50 Shades Of Grey hits cinemas worldwide on Valentines Day (February 14th) and, if you can’t wait that long, why not pick up the book (Available here – The Works) and get a taste of what’s to come. Expect the most steamy Valentines day in history!